Monday, April 20, 2009

Braces for lower teeth only?

Is it possible just to get braces for your lower teeth? My upper teeth are all straight, but my lower front teeth are crooked, so i want to get braces on the lower teeth only.





ive read on a FAQ on some dentist website, that without getting braces on both arches it wont be possible to achieve an ideal bite. Ive never had braces before and dont mind the way my bite is now, but will it change if i do get lower arch braces?





also, is there any other problems that these braces could cause?

Braces for lower teeth only?
i had braces just on my bottom teeth for a few months beoause my botton were wayyy worse than my top, and nothing noticibly extreme happened, i would ask your orthodontist about it, at my place the first visit is free for consultation or w/e. I don%26#039;t think anything will happen to much, depending on how liong you%26#039;ll need your bottom ones on for.


Good luck :-B
Reply:You can get them for just the top or just the bottom. It%26#039;s not as uncommon as you might think! Next time you visit your dentist mention it to him/her. Usually they will refer you to an orthodontist who will take a look at your teeth and decide the best thing to do. If your teeth aren%26#039;t super crooked, often they%26#039;ll tell you it isn%26#039;t worth the time and money. But if you really want your bottom teeth straighter, don%26#039;t take no for an answer! Everyone has different teeth, the work done, outcome and experience is different for everyone.



konsole-devel

No comments:

Post a Comment