Friday, July 31, 2009

At what age is it appropriate to fit braces to correct teeth?

My daughter is 10. She still has some unchanged teeth. She needs correction by braces for alignment of some teeth


Shall we install now or wait until she is older?


Dentist said we can correct teeth now and later may be we have to do more or problems solved


otherwise he said if we leave it it will be more expensive and takes longer.


please help

At what age is it appropriate to fit braces to correct teeth?
I think that it would be best to wait until she gets most of her permanent teeth. The orthodontist told someone I know that it is best to wait until the patient gets all of her teeth. If she has a pretty good bit of baby teeth still and she gets braces, she will probably have to get braces again later on. I was 5 when I got braces because I had an under bite and wore them for about 4 years. But I had to get them again because my permanent teeth grew in and they were crooked again.
Reply:i would put them on now. the quicker they are on the quicker they are off. braces are really annoying i've had mine for like 4 years and im dying to get them off already . im sure your daughter will want them off as quick as possible too. especially if all her teeth are in id say do it now, when i got mine on all my teeth werent in so it slowed it down a little bit.



nanny agency

No comments:

Post a Comment