Friday, July 31, 2009

My orthodontist said that if my teeth ever shifted due to my mouth growing I'd have to get braces again, do I?

I am 22, I got braces when I was 15 and they were taken off when I was 17. I barely wore my retainers after they were taken off and now they've shifted a bit and I'd like to try braces again. My retainers do not fit now and so I asked if I should get another set made or if I could just get braces again... he said that some peoples teeth have a natural alignment they may shift towards.





Can I push it and just ask him to give me braces again? 2 teeth have been pushed back on top and my bottom teeth stick up in the middle.

My orthodontist said that if my teeth ever shifted due to my mouth growing I'd have to get braces again, do I?
Get the clear retainers you wear all the time. You go to the ortho once every few weeks just like if you had braces to have it adjusted. I think it's called invsi line? A good alternative to braces, and a lot more convenient.


If you had a life time warrenty he should do what needs to be done for FREE!
Reply:My teeth have shifted too. And i just keep wearing my retainers to make them go back to normal ((like they were after tthe braces were off)).





Just so that it itsnt so expensive for you ((if you are tight on money)) I would just get a new mold of a retainer made.





However, since you said your teeth have moved drastically it would be a better option to just get braces all over again...



C#

No comments:

Post a Comment